I know that I’ve been silent over the past few days. But instead of another regular blog post stating that I resolve to do better, I decided to take advantage of the format that I use on Sundays and present my top five reasons for not publishing blog posts since Tuesday. Are these legitimate reasons for not blogging or are they justifying laziness, or a combination of both? Who cares—at least I’m getting a topic out of it for today.
- I didn’t have anything for a Writing Progress Wednesday, anyway. I’ve discussed in my last post while I haven’t been working much on the screenplay lately. I’m still waiting for feedback from others before I progress with it. At least, I hope so. If I don’t hear back from anybody soon I’ll get back to it myself. But I really would like the input of the others I sent it to or am about to send it to. Still, in the meantime I think I’ll go back to looking at other works I’ve taken a break from. Perhaps I’ll have new insight into how I can make those projects publishable.
- I worked on Thanksgiving. So what? I normally work on Thursdays anyway. But I worked a later shift than usual because of our different store hours, and I had to get up early the next morning. Besides, I don’t normally publish something on Thursdays so I didn’t dwell on it.
- I worked on Friday. Again, so what? In case you somehow managed to avoid all of the ads, it was Black Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year. On top of going in to work early, I had to run the front end all day. By the time I got home I was fried. I had no ambition to work on the vampire story that I’ve been publishing. Besides, when it comes to the last item on this list you’ll probably understand why I didn’t want to work on that story this week anyway.
- My family celebrated a belated “Thanksgiving” on Saturday. I had thought that this might provide a topic for a Self-Discovery Saturday blog post. But we were all at my father’s house until around my usual bedtime, and I decided I wanted to go out to town for a beer afterward. But aside from one brief conversation about politics, I really didn’t have much to go on for such a topic anyway.
- I was trying to finish Prince Lestat before the end of the weekend. Actually, I was hoping to finish it Saturday morning but didn’t make it. I finally finished it today. It wasn’t as good as I thought it was going to be, especially as the only other book I read by Anne Rice so far is Interview With a Vampire, which I found much more enjoyable. Nonetheless, the new book in The Vampire Chronicles comes out on Tuesday and I hope to read it in time for the next Monday’s book review.
Things will return to normal, with a review of the book Loner by Teddy Wayne.