- I don’t think I’ll be able to write a writing progress post tomorrow as planned. It’s not that I’m slacking off. I just don’t think I’ll have the time to write a blog post. I’ll try to get to it Thursday. I have to go to the dentist in the afternoon, but it shouldn’t interfere with my writing time.
- Yes, I have to go to the dentist again. This time it hasn’t nothing to do with that one tooth I’ve been having problems with over the past couple of years, though. Well, he may have to grind it down again now that the gums have healed around it but I’m primarily going in for two cavities on opposite sides of the mouth. Apparently the fact that I’m a mouth-breather when I sleep is causing plaque to build up on my teeth more so than for the average person. This means they sold me prescription toothpaste again. They also tried pushing me to get an electric toothbrush. Maybe I should just get a power washer.
- The book review seemed to go over well. I’m very pleased myself with how it came out. Now that I got over the initial apprehension I look forward to writing more. I think I’ll stick to doing it just once a week, though. I can’t afford to buy more than one book a week. I should look into how well my local library keeps up with new releases. Maybe I should look into writing music reviews again.
- I’ve been preoccupied with something that I did yesterday. I had a conversation with a friend that I know hurt that friend’s feelings. But if I didn’t say what I needed to say the situation would have gotten worse. We would have gone down a path that would have made things worse if I wasn’t honest with that person or myself. Now I’m waiting to hear back from that person to see if we are able to get together this weekend. I offered taking this person (yeah, I’m avoiding gender pronouns to keep this person anonymous) to an event on Saturday night. I figured that an event, and not just us hanging out together, would ease the tension a bit. We could still converse but fill the awkward silences with listening to the band (some other friends of mine). I won’t hear until tomorrow what this other person decides. I am genuinely sorry that I hurt their feelings, but I couldn’t carry on with what we had started the day before.
- On a brighter note, I think I’ve finally gotten over jet lag. Now I have to get back into the routine of jogging every other day again. Furthermore, I’m going to give up alcohol and slowly cut down coffee to the point when I can give that up as well. I know that sounds insane, but you never know until you try it. I can always take back up both again in the future.